Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Marathon

Whew! I did it. I accomplished the goal I set for the three-day March Marathon (a writing marathon engineered by Ann Dee Ellis and Carol Lynch Williams on the Throwing Up Words blog).

My goal was to write 5,000 words in my new novel. Two days ago, my novel had 329 words and I wasn't sure where I was going to go with it. Today, I have 5,341 (!) words and a better understanding of the novel's plot.

I'm starting to realize that I work really well with competition, especially when the competition is with myself (like where I've set a goal that I will be really disappointed in myself for not meeting). Normally, I procrastinate far too much and let life get in the way of my writing. Maybe I'll have to set up more writing marathons for myself in the future.

Now, it's time for me to reward myself!

No comments: