Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox #2

During the past three days, the students at the high school where I teach participated in a poetry slam.  We were fortunate to have some local authors donate their time to help judge: A.E. Cannon, author of The Loser's Guide to Life and Love; Kim Williams Justesen, author of My Brother the Dog; Ann Dee Ellis, author of Everything is Fine; and Carol Lynch Williams, author of The Chosen One.  Thanks again to those wonderful judges!

Two of the authors gave me a copy of their book, which I will place in my classroom library for my students (as soon as I reread them, of course!).  They are the first two books In My Mailbox, a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren


Everything is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

I also took a trip to the library yesterday to pick up books that I'd put on hold awhile ago.  I haven't finished reading the books from my last In My Mailbox post, but my hold was about to expire. 


Balancing Acts by Zoe Fishman
Breathless by Jessica Warman
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

Now I just have to find the time to read all of these interesting books ... without sacrificing my writing time!

4 comments:

TerryLynnJohnson said...

hmm, I haven't read any of these, but they all look great!

Andria said...

I have Everything Is Fine and The Chosen One . I just need to read them. (Agh! I just can't stop typing two spaces!)

Christine Danek said...

I haven't read any of these books. I'll have too look into them.
Thanks!

Private said...

Hi - I found your blog via Angie Paxton. I like it! And I'm jealous of all the great books you got:)